Introduction: Have you ever been treated unfairly? Have you ever experienced injustice? Have you ever been in a situation where your character was brought into question and you couldn’t defend yourself? Those scenarios sound terrible, yet Jesus experienced them all during His interrogation by religious and political leaders. What can you learn from how Jesus responded when He was unjustly accused?
God Creates and The Devil Counterfeits
Jesus Versus the Religious – John 18:19-24
Jesus stood against ALL religions and contended for relationship.
· Jesus is honest.
· Jesus is overt.
· Jesus has self-control.
You can respond to the person in front of you or the Spirit of God inside of you.
Religion is about making yourself clean and keeping yourself clean.
· Jesus is about making you and keeping you clean.
Religion is about you being the teacher.
· Jesus is about you being the student.
Jesus Versus the Political – John 18:28-40
What Has Jesus Done?
· Good deeds – Jesus fed, healed, and resurrected people.
· Shared GOOD NEWS – Jesus wouldn’t stop talking about the GOOD NEWS.
Christians can continue to do good deeds, but they quit talking about the GOOD NEWS.
· Good deeds help for a lifetime.
· The GOOD NEWS eternally saves.