Introduction: With the beginning of a New Year comes new resolutions, new goals, and new dreams about how the end of 2019 will be different than the beginning of 2019. The Gospel of John, chapter 2, gives some practical advice on how life can be different if we start 2019 with Jesus and keep Jesus in the center of our lives all year long.
Jesus at a Party
· Invite Jesus to your wedding, into your marriage, and into all the events in your life.
· Invite God’s blessing on your wedding, graduation, new home, your children, etc.
· Whatever the event, God’s presence makes it perfect.
· Mary, part of the caterer’s staff
· Mary, trying to save a relative some embarrassment
· Mary, a mother who knew more about her son than anyone else in the room
Lack always provides opportunity
· In your lack, search for Jesus.
· When you find Him, do what He says!
· Honor your father and mother. (Exodus 20:12)
· Requests that bless you or others and aren’t illegal
· Even if the request isn’t at the right time
Focus on Jesus
· Family is not to govern your spiritual life.
· Leave your 2019 problems with Jesus. He is capable.
· DO WHATEVER JESUS SAYS – move away from your wants, lacks, or abundances and move toward what Jesus wants you to do.
Wine or Grape Juice?
· Green Light
· Red Light
· Yellow Light
“Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit,”Ephesians 5:18
The Meaning of a Sign
· A powerful act that points to the reality of who Jesus is
· A sign is so you will believe and be in relationship with Jesus in 2019.