Introduction: How do you talk about peace? How often do you pray for peace? What would real peace look like for you? Do you have peace this Christmas Season? The Bible is all about the message of Shalom, peace. God is even called the God of Peace. Jesus was announced as the Prince of Peace. The message that Jesus shared with the world is known as the Gospel of Peace. Where does your peace come from?
What Robs You of Peace?
1. Difficult Circumstances
• “Disaster follows disaster; the whole land lies in ruins. In an instant my tents are destroyed, my shelter in a moment.” Jeremiah 4:20 NIV
2. Frustrating People
• “With words of hatred, they surround me; they attack me without cause.” Psalm 109:3 NIV
3. Uncontrollable Worry
• “We have heard reports about them, and your hands hang limp. Anguish has gripped us, pain like that of a woman in labor.” Jeremiah 6:24 NIV
• “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27 NIV
Do You Want Real Peace This Christmas Season?
1. Receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior today.
• “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1 NIV
2. Trust God with your future, your family, and your finances.
• “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3 NIV
3.Respect God’s principles.
• “Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble.” Psalm 119:165 NIV
4. Rely on God’s provision.
• “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
• “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” Matthew 5:9 NIV
Question: Would you like to experience God’s peace in some area of your life today?