Introduction: Buying gifts can be a difficult task. What color? What size? Will they like it? Do they need it? These are questions that play into our gift buying decisions. When Jesus came to earth with gifts of Hope, Love, Peace, and Joy, He didn’t expect a gift in return even though He did receive some gifts from some very wise men. Jesus came to gift us with forgiveness, resulting in eternal life. It’s always the right color and size. We always need it. The BIG question is, will we receive the gift Christ brings?
God’s Gift of Love is Inclusive
• “God showed how much He loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.” 1 John 4:9-10 NLT
• “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 NIV
God’s Gift of Love is Unconditional
• “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 NIV
• “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39 NLT
God’s Gift of Love Will Remain Unopened
• “Listen! It’s the voice of someone shouting, ‘Clear the way through the wilderness for the Lord! Make a straight highway through the wasteland for our God! Fill in the valleys, and level the mountains and hills. Straighten the curves and smooth out the rough places. Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. The Lord has spoken!’” Isaiah 40:3-5 NLT
• Valleys – Loss
• Mountains – Success
• Rough Places – Emotions
Open up your heart to Jesus this Christmas and receive His gift of Love!
1. What keeps you from accepting the Love of Jesus into your life today? Loss, pride, feelings?