Truth, or a Lie – 1 John 4:1-6
“…the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.” 1 John 4:4 NLT
The Spirit of God in you is greater than any ideology, emotional shame, physical pain, or deceptive doctrine.
“The Word became flesh” is central to Christian faith and is a non-negotiable truth.
Three Ways to Treat People – 1 John 3:11-24
• Cain gave an offering to disguise his heart.
• Abel gave an offering to reveal his heart. (Hebrews 11:4)
Two Questions to Work Against Hating
• What’s in your hands to worship God?
• What’s in your heart to worship God?
Anger turns to hate, and hate, if nurtured, naturally progresses to murder.
• Love is giving.
• Indifference is non-response.
If you want to have God’s heart, you will be a generous person.
• You don’t need to like everybody.
• You don’t need to trust everybody.
• You don’t need to be close friends with everybody.
The world is angry, selfish, and full of hate.
• This gives the Church an opportunity to shine.
Words of love speak life giving truth.
• Actions show love, compassion, and generosity.
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13 NLT
1. Are you a loving person?