Introduction: If you had to decide whether you were an on/off switch or a dimmer switch, which one would you choose? Looking at the Apostle John’s life, you find that he was an on/off switch kind of guy. He turned on to Jesus and never turned off.
Does Your Life Have a Dimmer Switch? – Matthew 4:21-22
• Dimmer Switch
• On/Off Switch
> John the Apostle was all on for Jesus right from the beginning.
When Are You Overbearing? – Luke 9:52-55 & Mark 10:43-45
• Everyone is overbearing at times.
• The “Sons of Thunder!” were overbearing.
> Send fire from heaven and consume them.
> I’d like to be seated on a throne close to You, Jesus.
How is God Redirecting Your Life?
• John spent time with Jesus, and he was redirected.
• The once important became unimportant, and Jesus became essential.
John accepted to care for Mary, Jesus’ mother, until her death.
• Preached the Good News to millions.
• Planted churches.
• Wrote five books of the New Testament.
• Became John the Beloved, the one Jesus loved.
1. How is God redirecting your life? How is God redirecting the life of your family?
2. What part of your life do you need God to redirect?