Introduction: What do you think the Bible says about women? Are men and women equal in the eyes of God according to the Bible? New Life Church believes the Bible and affirms an equal faith community where women and men serve together on the basis of their giftedness, not on the basis of gender.
Women in Jewish and Greek Culture
Women had two choices:
· Be a good wife.
· Remove her veil and become a prostitute.
Women in the Bible
Jesus’ view of women
· Jesus ministered to women and had women followers who financially supported Him.
· Women were leaders in the Church, and they were present at the cross, the tomb, and on the Day of Pentecost.
“There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28 NLT
Women in 1 Corinthians 11
1. A head covering was a sign that a woman was faithful to her husband and her home.
And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:21 NLT
2. It was disgraceful in that culture to be unveiled.
3. The LORD is the authority over men and women.
4. Women and men have been given spiritual gifts equally.
1. In light of what you learned from the message, what needs to be changed in your life – a relationship, a perspective, or an attitude – with respect to women?
2. How will you respond this week in light of this study?
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.