Introduction: “What you think about God is the most important thing about (you),” stated A. W. Tozer. So, what do you think about God? Is God enough? Is God always good to you? Continuing to look at God’s character, today, I ask the question, “Is God Trustworthy?”
· Few things are more sacred than trust between people.
· Few things are more devastating than to have trusted people fail you.
· Can God really be trusted?
We Can Pray Honestly to God – Mark 14:33-36
· Is it okay to ask God for plan “B” if plan “A” doesn’t seem best to you?
Two Striking Statements:
· Everything is possible for You, God!
· Take this awful suffering away from me.
Honest communication with God improves your relationship with Him.
God Knows What’s Best for Us
· I want Your will to be done, not mine.
If God is as the Bible says — All-Sufficient in His ability and completely Good in His character:
· He must know what’s ultimately best for you and the world.
God Is Completely Trustworthy – Matthew 27
There will be times when you find it difficult to understand why God allows you or a loved one to experience agony.
· It is okay to cry out and ask God for a “B” plan.
· But when there is not a “B” plan, trust in God.
“O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.” Psalm 62:8 NLT
God is Trustworthy!
1. Are there events in your life that have made you distrust God?
2. Did this message give you any pathway to begin to trust God again?