Introduction: Have you ever been around someone who was an encourager? Have you ever had to be around someone who was a discourager? I know I like hanging out with encouraging people. They inspire me to do better and challenge me to be an encourager too. As followers of Jesus, we should strive to be encouragers because God is an encouraging God.
Our God is an Encouraging God
Encourage Others Daily – Hebrews 3:13, 10:24-25
• The voices of discouragement are constant.
• Everyone needs encouragement.
• Think of ways to be encouraging.
Encourage Others Spiritually – Romans 1:10-12
Whenever you’re around people, help them grow strong in the Lord.
• Strengthen them in their faith.
• Be a gift to them with words, love, and presence that helps them to grow toward Christ.
• See the people in your life as encouragements from God.
Encourage Yourself in the Lord – 1 Samuel 30:6
• My God will supply all of my needs according to His riches and glory.
• If my God is for me, who can be against me?
• I’m an overcomer by the Blood of the Lamb and by the words of my testimony.
• My God is working all things together for good, so what the devil meant for evil, my God is going to make it good for me.
1. Have you ever felt prompted to encourage someone? How did that work out?
2. What are some practical steps you can take this week to better encourage yourself and others?